Saturday, October 23, 2010

A broken heart

She smiled at me with those jet black orbs
the laughter in her eyes kindling glowing embers so deep
the music in her laugh filling me with a mystic joy
is she the one who would complete me?
is she the one who will hold my hand and talk in silence?
is she the one who will reaffirm my faith in love,
who will walk beside me through this life and
take me as I am?

I laugh at her antics, the mischief she plots, the pranks she plays
My heart throbs with a pulsating rhythm every time she looks at me
Our hands find each other, I draw her close
I bask in her fragrance, entranced in her flawless beauty.
We are surrounded by a sea of people,
mirth and laughter rent the air in an endless cacophony
but to me, we are far away from mankind, in a dream perhaps
we walked an empty road, golden leaves on either side
a spring in our steps, a twinkle in our eyes,
the light of love filling the surreal glade
in a world built for just the two of us.

And then, the reverie broke, the dream collapsed,
our hands unclasped, the fingers lingering for a second.
And like a white knight in shining armor came her man,
She threw her hands around him, their eyes met
and she spoke those words I so dreaded
He smiled and lifted her up beside him on his noble steed
My little world fell apart, my heart broken,
shattering into a million shards
I sank to my knees as the steed galloped away,
the hoofs drowning my sorrow as they rode
silhouetted against the sinking sun,
At the last instant, she turned , looked at me
She smiled and then she was gone.
I turned back to that road, now truly empty
my tread heavy, an infinite sadness enveloping me
as even the sun withdrew his last rays
I shivered in the cold breeze
the leaves rustling uneasily in the growing darkness
as if the very world mourned with me...

2 comments:

Priyanka said...

wow andi! super! dint knw u were so good! was an interesting read!

Andi said...

thx!