Friday, September 17, 2010

Angel

Into my life, came she,
Like a lovely lily, floating
on a springy breeze , as fragrant
as the first raindrop on dry earth;
Spell bound, was I, to behold,
an epitome of perfection,
a masterpiece of God himself.
Sacrosanct, was she in mind
and body, like nectar her voice,
like the rustle of autumn leaves, her tread,
an embodiement of divine beauty, was she.

Frozen, I stood, as she spoke her first words to me,
for, words they were not, but the song of a being
superlative and superior than I, a mere mortal.
Suspended in limbo,was I, trying to open a portal
to the serene shores of her limitless heart.

Hours, it seemed or days it might have been,that we sat talking
under the star spangled carpet that was the milky way
unfurled across the inky black canvas of the Creator.
Our whispered words mingling into an Ode,
unbound by time, unruffled by adversity,
that echoed across the vast emptiness of my soul,
filling it with the vibrance of youth, the light of love.
At that instant I realised;
if death approached me thence,
gladly would I have given up my material body,
knowing that she was there for me..

'twas then that she drew me close,
laid her unblemished visage on my heart,
nestled against my arms, and
like a newborn baby in her mother's arms, slept
into the wee hours of the multi coloured dawn.....

1 comment:

gautham said...

neat posts. keep writing...